Cancelling the Trip to Alaska

We have decided that driving to Alaska is not possible this summer.  I am taking the first steps toward retirement and do not want to rush the transition of my practice to our son.

We will be staying in Rochester at least through June.  As the transition proceeds, I will see when I can get away.  Then we will leave by plane or RV for points to be determined.  I will post when I know the plan. 

In the mean time we have our Rochester International Jazz Festival Passes and hope to see many of you there.  For our RVing friends we would love to entertain you if you are passing near Rochester, NY.  The Finger Lakes are really grand.

Arrival in Rochester Real Soon now

Since writing last we have finished crossing the US to Virginia and spent 9 wonderful days with Malena, Dan, Alex and Cory.  We had a delightful evening with the Robbs at Devil‚Äôs Backbone and are at the  moment of writing we are northbound on I390 about 60 miles south of Rochester. 

The homeward drive has been reasonably uneventful.  One hour and a half hold up for a truck turned over on I81 in the middle of Maryland and the usual assortment of nutcases behind the wheel of assorted vehicles, is about par for the course of any long drive.

We plan to be in Rochester for the month of May and the first part of June.  Just heard that Club Passes for Jazz Fest are sold out.  We have two that will go on sale the end of May, when we know we will be leaving for Alaska for real this time.

Until re roll out again.

Paul/Xctraveler